"We", "us" and "our" mean The Random House Group Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 00954009 and its registered office at 20 Vauxhall bridge Road, London, SW1V 2SA and Penguin Books Limited, a company also registered in England and Wales with company number 0081590 and its registered office at 80 Strand, London, WC22 ORL
“Website” means this website – www.my-bookmarks.co.uk
"You" and "your" mean the person using a Website under these Terms.
We take your online privacy seriously. You may visit this site anonymously as often as you like without providing any personally identifying information (such as your name, address or email address). We do not collect personally identifying information from you except when you specifically provide it, and we protect the information we receive. With your consent we may gather personal information from you through Website surveys and other means. We do not generally link your name to cookies unless you specifically provide your name to us as part of surveys, and we do not share it with third parties which are not affiliated with us without obtaining your consent first. Please read below for a further explanation of the information we gather and how we use it.
3. Collection of data and how information we hold about you can be used
- We will collect, hold and process that information including passing such elements of this information on to third parties, who may be within the Penguin Random House Group or an agent acting on our behalf.
- We may use your personal information provided for the purpose of marketing research.
- We may use your personal information provided for marketing purposes. This may include sending you marketing by email.
- We may use the information that you provide to contact you in relation to any content that you post using a bulletin board, forum or comment or review function in the event of a query or dispute.
- In order to carry out marketing analysis of your responses to surveys and other information you provide, we use third party software (provided by Vision Critical Research Solutions (UK) Limited) and your responses and other information may be stored and/or processed.
You should be aware that if you disclose personal information in content that you provide for bulletin boards, forums or comment or review functions that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. When using these functions, you should remember that you are legally liable for the material you post, including for libel, copyright infringement and any other liability (please see the Acceptable Use Policy in the Terms).
4. Storage and Disclosure of Personal Data
We will retain the data we hold concerning you for as long as it is necessary to do so. We will retain and/or disclose your personal data to authorised authorities without your consent where we are required to do so under the law.
Cookies are electronic tags that most websites place on your computer in the process of sending your computer a file, such as a web page. We use them as well. A cookie can tell us when a computer that has previously visited our site returns, and what pages it requests on each of its visits. Cookies help us keep track of how our visitors (or more accurately, their computers) use our site, including such things as the type of browser they use, the frequency of their visits and the pages that are most popular. They can help smooth your travel through our site by keeping track of information that has already been provided by your computer so that you do not need to re-enter it.
In no event does the cookie we place on your computer tell us anything about your visits to other websites (except those you enter through a link on our site), or your use of the internet in any other way.
6. Links to other sites
7. Security of private information
We would like to be able to tell you that the personal information you provide us with is absolutely safe. Unfortunately, several well-publicised instances of computer security breaches make it impossible for anyone to be so confident. However we take reasonable steps to protect the information you provide us from theft, alteration or unauthorized inspection.
8. Parents and guardians
9. How to Contact Us